Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Finds-- $5 Books at Kohl's!

Books for $5 each at Kohl's! 
This weekend Mom and I did a quick trip into Kohl's and I noticed that they were selling a book I have been wanting for a couple of years now. The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen has been on my must have list ever since I student taught in kindergarten. I love the illustrations and funny rhythmic lines, "I'm a pout-pout fish with a pout-pout face..." Since I love this book so much I had to get the companion book they were selling as well, The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark. So happy to have these cute books! *

The price was stellar as you've seen my caption! $5 each and hard cover. Score! I learned that the books sold at Kohl's are for their foundation called Kohl's Cares for Kids. 100% of the money from each book is used for providing better health and education for children. According to Kohl's website, "Since its inception in 2000, our Kohl's Cares cause merchandise program has raised more than $208 million, up from $180 million as of the end of Kohl's 2010 fiscal year, to support kids' health and education initiatives in communities nationwide." How awesome is that?!

I did a little research and found that Kohl's donated $1.5 million dollars to the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin on May 21st, which is great. I'm glad that children are getting the help they need and hopefully that brings some hope to parents.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for the next book feature at Kohl's!

Happy Book Hunting :)


*I will do a book recommendation post on these soon

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to comment as well. I always enjoy listening to what others have to say and connecting with my readers.